18-Month-Old Dies After Swallowing Button Battery

Reese Hamsmith died more than a month after swallowing a button battery. What initially resembled a cold turned out to be symptoms directly connected to the ingestion of the battery. Eventually the 18-month-old suffered from a fistula, or a hole that ran from the esophagus and through the trachea. Reese died on Dec. 18, 2020, and now her family wants to spread awareness to make sure that the same thing doesn’t happen to other children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *